Monday, January 27, 2014


Hey Mommy!!

So, this week was a great week. I LOVE my new comp! She's super fabulous! Love her to death:). Manuel is doing awesome. Still prepping for the mission, and as you can see, he came to a baptism (of the other sisters in the other ward) dressed very nicely (see attached photo). He goes to institute every week and is really excited to be a ward missionary (just like you!) and the ward really wants to send him out on a mission:). As long as he doesn't get deported to São Tome (The problem is that the church is not in São Tome), then we'll all be happy. He's also been working on his family history. Our little eleito! We've been fasting that his stepmother will let us teach the rest of his family, nothing yet, but we're gonna try some brownies, no one can say no to brownies.

So, when I say that this week was great, I really really mean it this time:). I love my comp! We worked really hard and had fun too:). We marked a man named Luis for baptism, but then he unmarked himself when he refused to keep the Law of Chastity (sick haha) and said that those things were "natural" things (he wouldn't take the fact that the scriptures say that the natural man is an enemy to God) and that he didn't believe that was a law from God. There are some really interesting people in this world, plus I can't believe anyone would even break that law with him:P. We saw him the day after, and he had changed his mind. He says he really wants to be baptized and that he will obey all of God's commandments. We're gonna really pray about him first, a baptism isn't worth the risk of his soul if he backs out of that. Missionary work is a little scary when you think about the fact that people who get baptized and make wrong decisions and don't repent are condemning themselves... yikes. We also found a family of 7 people in one day! We were fasting and we were tired and grumpy, and Sister Warner, who had just come from training a greenie, told me to go and contact a young man, and being a willing companion, I contacted him. Turned out he'd just moved here from São Tome to be with his family here and he was very nice, but didn't have a phone and didn't remember the number of his house. So we stood there kind of stumped about what to do until an idea came to my mind to ask him if we could just walk to his house with him. We did, and we found a huge family of seven smiling family members who were really nice and totally open to listening to us. Then, the best part of them all, that is usually the scary thing here, I asked them if they were married, and THEY WERE!!! We're super excited about them. That same day, we also ate at TWO houses. I was extremely full. 

Then Sunday, we had a miracle in church! We'd invited a whole bunch of people and we'd passed lots in the morning and yet no one who we had marked to be there showed up, but we still had 3 people! We'd done a contact in the road on Saturday who is from France, and he came and brought two friends from France! We are going to pass their addresses to the missions in France. I hope that there are some missionaries there who speak Portuguese! We also had a fun party for one of the sisters who is going home next week. It was kind of crazy, because she was supposed to go home at the end of this transfer, and President called and he said he felt like she should be sent home a month early! So, she's on her way home! 

Oh, and poor Sister Warner, I wake her up all the time! I've never talked more in my sleep than this past week! I think that the practices that president has got us doing are stressing me out because I keep having dreams about doing the practices, and then I wake both of us up repeating the practices and scriptures out loud in my sleep... oops:). Just thought that was funny:).

Then today, Sister Warner and I went to this cute little used clothing store, and I (for my birthday and for my halfway mark, which it's almost been a month, but oh well) got myself some really cute used skirts for super cheap:). I'm pretty excited about them:). Now the problem is just how am I going to transfer with them? Good thing that winter is almost over and I can just leave that stuff here...:)

Well, I love you tons and I hope that you have a great week! This week, carry a Book of Mormon with you, give it out to someone who needs it. I promise that you will find someone:). 

Love always,

Sister Wach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment