Tuesday, January 14, 2014


Hey Mom!

I love the picture! It's adorable! Tell everyone that I said thanks and that I love them all!:). I'm glad that you had a great birthday! It sounds like it was a fun day, though I do not want to hear what tasty food you ate or what movie you went and saw that I have to wait 9 more months for;). That's cool that you got to go to Sunday School, and I'm excited for Ryan to start his mission papers (I want you to send me a video when he opens his call) and I hope that Jacob LOVED the temple:). I haven't gotten the package yet, but I'm sure it will get here eventually. The dermatologist went well. The lady said that it's looking good, and she's right, I'm not really clearing up everywhere, but my forehead is really clear and she said the rest will be in a few more months. It was kind of a nice day when we went because we had to go back to Benfica. We'd just finished divisions with the sister training leaders (I went with Sister Nigri from Brazil, who is really great, and I learned a lot, and I contacted a TJ on accident and wow, in the end of the contact, he was crying and he even let us pray with him! It was a super strong contact!  Afterwards, Sister Williams and I took the metro from here in Feijo to Pragal where we took the train, and then we took another metro to Alfornelos and then walked to the office. I'd actually gotten a package from Gpa and Gma Wach which was really nice of them, tights, which was perfect, because I had just gotten a hole in my last good pair of black ones:). Then we went to lunch in the mall (I had Brazilian food, tell Dad he should be jealous;)) so that was a change:). Then when we got back to our area and we had a ward activity where we watched a movie:). It's always nice to have a little change.

Well, this week was good. We saw the drunk man who I almost hit with my umbrella a few times. He had a lovely metal stick this time and wanted to know where my umbrella was haha. We see him all the time, and he always says "Ola Sister! Onde está a guarda chuva?!" I think I'll remember him forever:). 

Well, truthfully,  I can not think of anything else to say about the week! It was one where everyday was the same. It was a little rough:). It was cold and dark and rainy. Plus we have absolutely no investigators. I don't think we taught any actual lessons this week other than for our recent converts. Manuel is doing really good. He's been going to the Young Single Adults activities and he likes to walk with us in the road and do contacts. He also is going to talk to the bishop this week to talk about preparing to serve a mission, or at least a mini mission. Oh, and during church yesterday, the bishop gave a really strong talk about how the members need to bring someone to church next week for Ward Conference, and invited everyone to do so, and so after church, Manuel was telling us that he was going to bring someone.  He's a really great guy. Then Pedro, who was baptized just before I got here, he got the priesthood on Sunday (Sister Pinto actually found him when she was here, and she calls him every Sunday to make sure he went to church, in fact, I got to talk to her yesterday on the phone! Super weird:)), and he's super excited to use it. Then another recent convert who had gone inactive, she came to church on Sunday because we taught her this week with one of the counselors in the YWs (the girl is 15), and wow the counselor did amazing! The counselor, Irmã is a recent convert also, who was baptized in São Miguel and moved here. There are SO many amazing members here! 

Our only investigators that we have, we're going to drop. It's really sad. The man, M., is just to much of an atheist, and the mother just thinks we're entertainment, those cute little American girls;). We went over to their house yesterday and we talked about the Book of Mormon and we watched the film The Testaments with them, and M. was really rude and just laughed through it. Sister Williams and I were pretty offended by that, and when we got out of the house, we both decided that we weren't going back because we're not helping anything, plus the house is just not a good environment. I've never taught in house and had an investigator that makes me doubt what I'm doing until now (Sister Williams said the same), and we decided that it wasn't worth it to keep teaching them. Maybe one day they'll both be ready. I think that one day M. will accept, but not just yet. It’s always sad to drop people, because we just come to love them and we feel sad that what we've got, that will bring joy into their lives, isn't what they want.

It's almost time for transfers again! This is the last week of the transfer! Kind of crazy! Sister Williams will probably not stay any longer, so I could have a new companion next week! 

Well, I love you tons! Have a great week!

Love always,
Sister Wach

 

No comments:

Post a Comment