Monday, May 19, 2014

Hey Mommy!
I'm unhappy that Katie's baptism got moved. I got her a cute card and I wanted her to be able to read it on the actually day, but thought that it was still a while to go! Also, I have just not had enough time to write in it:P. It's cool to see a program done by the members. Tell her that I'm excited for her and that I love her!
It sounds like it's gonna be an insane week. The more insane the better right? I'm bummed that Rye still hasn't gotten his call! I guess I've got to wait until next week!
Also, I did get the shirt from Aunt Cherie this week, it's SUPER cute. Way too cute for missionary work haha. I wanted to wear it on Wednesday but I decided to wait and wear it at zone conference, and that day, I got some weird green stain on the shirt, and then I wanted to wear it on Thursday (I was impatient to use it), but I didn't, and I ended up cutting the shirt that I was wearing open on the arm when I bumped into someone's blinds and they slit the sleeve. Oops. Thankfully when I decided to be patient and wear it on Friday for zone conference, everything went great haha. Thank you also for the money! I already know what I'm gonna get haha. I got my Livro de Mórmon finally in the mail this week and I decided it was so beautiful that I want to do one in English also! They're expensive, but it's only something I can have done here, and it'll be a reminder of my mission forever:). I wanted to send you pictures, but turns out that the computers here at the library don't let you because the ability to read the camera is blocked:P. Super annoying. Let me just say, they're beautiful.
This week was good. It was unusual because Tuesday and Wednesday we had divisions with the Sister Training Leaders, which went well and was fun. Sister Ornano and I stayed up really late talking. Sister Duke went to Faro, so that was nice since we didn't have to plan plans for two companionships in one area. That's the worst thing about divisions. Then on Thursday we did our weekly planning because we had zone conference on Friday. The zone conference was good. We had interviews with President. Mine are always really short. I can't decide if that's good or bad. It always works out that the person in front of me has an interview for 30 minutes, then the one after me has one for 40 minutes, and then I get 5 minutes (though this one was a little longer, 8 minutes!;)). President is a really good guy.   Then Saturday and Sunday, to add to the weirdness, we had District Conference. Our area 70 came and spoke, so that was really cool. The Saturday session was neat because he talked about how to share the gospel using new technology. Sunday was good, but just not as interactive. We had an investigator there at both though, so that was really cool. His name is Mario and he's 28. Sister Ornano and I contacted him on Wednesday and he told us that he wasn't really interested because he doesn't believe in God, but said we could come by anyway on Friday. Well, we missed the appointment on Friday because we ended up not leaving zone conference until almost 6 pm, so we called and rescheduled for Saturday. He told us he still wasn't interested, but that he had read the pamphlet. Saturday we went over and again he said he wasn't interested and didn't want to talk to us, so we just asked him if we could leave a Book of Mormon with him, and leave with a prayer. He said yes. During the prayer, I just had this strong feeling to invite him to come to the District Conference (which was in like an hour). So I did, and he accepted! When we came back to get him, he told us that he had read the introduction to the Book of Mormon, and though he didn't really understand it, he had liked it. He also had changed into some nice pants (he's a handsome young man and he's got good fashion sense). We went and he said that he really liked it. He still keeps telling us he doesn't believe in God, but that he liked the message. Then during the whole conference, Elder Texeira (the 70), he kept calling Mario out, talking about how he, Elder Texeira feels about the missionaries who baptized him and how Mario will feel the same about us, and just baptism this and baptism that. Sister Duke and I were both bright red, as the members behind us kept wacking us on the shoulders and telling us good job. Poor Mario must have a sign on his back that says "invite me to be baptized". Then afterwards, we invited him to come on Sunday and he said yes! This time when we passed he was dressed even better! That's one of the things I think shows that the spirit is working, the fact that they change the way they dress for church (speaking of which, Gilberto came in a white shirt and tie and black pants! Talk about changes!). Mario also told us that he had read until "the first book of Nephi, chapter 2" haha, and that he didn't believe in the stuff about Joseph Smith because it doesn't make sense to him (we'll get there!). Then during the whole conference, he was sitting on the edge of his chair wide awake. He liked it, but still says he doesn't believe in God. We told him he has to pray to ask if he's there. He'll do it, and figure it out. Later, the branch president even called to ask about how teaching him was going! The only problem, which is really sad, is that when we went to pick him up, we found out he lives JUST BARELY in the elders area! Dang it. So, we're gonna pass him to them this week.
This week is gonna be good though. We're going up to Lisboa for a mission tour this week and so we won't be here for part of the week and then Sunday is transfers. I'm assuming that I'm staying so don't worry about that. It's always nice to have a little bit of a shake up during the week! The only crazy thing is that I can't believe how fast this transfer has gone! It's so weird to think that in the same amount of time that it has been since I picked up Sister Warner from the train station, I'll be at home! I keep hearing that the transfers get faster and faster, and it's so true. I just can't imagine them getting any faster!
I love you tons!
Have a great week!
Love always,
Sister Wach

No comments:

Post a Comment