Thursday, March 20, 2014

Hey Mom!
Sounds like a fun week. It was nice talking to you and Dad on the phone. A little weird, but cool. 
This week was good. We didn't work to much because Sister Caldwell hurt herself and so walking is a bit of a no go. We work for like 4 hours and then she´s out. Then we don't do anything for a few hours and then work for a few hours at the end of the day, which is the most productive part of the day. It's interesting, last transfer we had the other sisters in the house and they stayed there all day, and I was a little jealous, I thought a nap or two would be nice. Now, all I wanna do is work! But, we've been blessed, because even though we just work a few hours everyday, we have been able to kind of keep up what we had before she hurt herself. But Sister Caldwell is super awesome, so I'm grateful to be serving with her. 
Manuel is doing great. He is going to be getting the Melchezidek Priesthood soon, and he is working on getting his patriarchal blessing also. He's still working towards serving a mission. He also baptized someone on Saturday for the elders, and gave a talk on Sunday. One thing that's cool about staying in this area so long is that I've been blessed to watch his progress. I think he's the most active member that the ward has. He's always at everything and he is the one who is willing to do whatever is asked. He liked what you wrote, he understood it without me reading it to him. He can read english alright, he just can't understand by hearing or speaking. I had a great laugh at what he wrote to you. 
As for other investigators, Natalina is still doing well. I'm gonna attach a picture of her and her kids.
Oh, and it's like SUPER hot here. I do not know how in the world I'm gonna survive another summer here. I'm already wearing the least amount of clothing possible!
There's actually four of us in the house right now. Me, Sister Caldwell, Sister Cardoso (she's from Porto), and... Sister Stokes! Super weird to be in the same house with her and not be her comp! 
For P-day we went to Cristo Rei. My third time there. Yeah. If I stay another transfer here, I AM NOT going back haha. It's cool but one time was good enough.
Well, as always, I can't remember what we did this week. Though we did go without gas, after going without electricity last week haha. So I've had like 3 showers in 2 weeks. That's how the mission rolls! 
Oh, and no, I still haven't gotten what you sent. Probably this week. The packages take a little longer than letters.
Well, I just wanted to say that I love you all tons!! 
Love always,
Sister Wach
 
 
from Ricki:  The mission president emailed me a week ago and said that "he felt that Chris and Megan needed to talk"  he had said to Skype but I didn't want Meg to see Chris so skinny and sickly looking so I asked if they could just talk by phone.  Meg went and got a phone card and we talked to her for about an hour.  Chris told Meg not to come home for his funeral, that he was proud of her and that she needed to always live the gospel so that they could see each other again.  At the end of the conversation Meg told Chris "that she would be expecting a visit from him after he died."

No comments:

Post a Comment